Thursday, June 4, 2009

Interesting.



I was at a friends house last night, and met this guy who does Gregorian chant every Sunday at church.  Not a really common activity for 20 somethings....or anyone for that matter.  In fact, I'm pretty sure the last time I even heard the word Gregorian was in a 7th grade World History class.  
Gregorian chant is performed in Latin, and it sounds all soft and monastic, but I guess it's kind of ironic because the translation of the two pieces he performed were about the manifestation of the Spirit of God upon the Earth, and the impending destruction of the enemies of God.  
The moral of this story is...
When you sing about people going to Hell in Latin; no one gets offended.
Because Latin is dead.

1 comment:

Heather said...

So great....I am glad that no one is offended by latin.....what you can't comprehend does one of two things:

-offends you because of miscommunication
-doesn't phase you
-is admired by you because you don't understand (example me and computers)

actually that was three things. oh well.

PS you never called me back!!!