Monday, November 24, 2008

Go, Mordecai.





I love watching those movies that you haven't seen in forever, but you still remember the title and that one part that was funny, and you think you laughed pretty hard, so you figure that it'd be a good idea to watch it again just because. The Royal Tenenbaums is worth remembering. Pagoda, himself, is worth remembering.

We also watched Love Actually this weekend...it's a good almost-Christmas movie. See it if you haven't already; it's like getting a hug, but you're not actually getting a hug. Because it's just a movie. But it's still good. I think one of my favorite parts is in the opening credits...

"Whenever I get gloomy with the state of the world,
I think about the arrivals gate at Heathrow airport.
General opinion makes out that we live in a world of hatred and greed-
I don't see that.
Seems to me that love is everywhere.
Often it's not particularly dignified or newsworthy but it's always there."

Kinda nice, huh?

In other news, my parents are coming into town tomorrow. I'm really excited to see my mom- I've needed a hug from that woman for a number of weeks now...

No comments: