Saturday, November 29, 2008

Thanksgiving Review.





I'm kinda glad I didn't go home for the holiday- it was really great having my family here. I kinda forgot how much fun they are :) My grandparents didn't make it into the picture this year....oops.


I'm glad my mom got to hang around Biola for a little while. She came to class with me and was helping out with the people project for a little while. I saw her taking pictures during class, and afterwards when I was looking through them, there were like 8 or 9 of Maggie with a pair of legs on her head...





Here's Andrea right after I finished wrapping her head.

So, in other news...
I had no idea that Mexican jumping beans were real. I thought it was something that an old person probably made up. However, I stand corrected, and I now know that they are real. My mom bought some today. Weirdest things ever. I don't know if I'm alone in my ignorance of bean knowledge, but just in case someone else is in the same boat with me, they jump because there's a little worm that lives in each seed, and they move around inside the bean whenever they react to light and heat. Whoa. And one day they will make a hole in the seed and burrow out of it and become a pupa or something. Ehhhhh.



Dear Nature,
I marvel at your beauty and majesty all the time, but to be quite honest, although you are wonderful and stunning, you are also weird and gross simultaneously (i.e. little worm beans). I hope you are not offended by this letter- this is merely an observation.

Your admirer,
Veronica Burris

No comments: