Wednesday, November 26, 2008

"I'm feeling like this, if you can live with that."



I really like being myself. I don't know how that sounds to you, but what I mean is that I think it's wonderful when we find ourselves in a place where we're not entirely concerned with how others perceive us, and we just start assuming that people will like us because we're being exactly who we are.

I embarrass myself daily with things that I say and do, but I'm starting to come to the conclusion that my absurdity is just part of who I actually am, and I guess I'm ok with that. Maybe I just value honesty a lot more now than I have in the past. I don't even know if honesty is the right word. Maybe genuine- but I don't really like that word either. Comfortable. There is something beautiful that happens when we become comfortable with who we are. It makes our shame and self-doubt disappear. I could always make a lot less room for those things in my life.

2 comments:

oomerfoo said...

Hi.

shhhhhhHhhhHh. :)

Anonymous said...

i like yourself too :)